Wednesday, February 4, 2009

INSPIRATION FOR THE HUMAN BODY IN MOTION: Time Lapse Sleeping







I have been having a really hard time sleeping lately and it's gotten me thinking about how people interact when they sleep in the same bed and how we toss and turn. It's a very natural form of movement simply because you aren't consciously thinking about how you're moving or relating to the other person (you're asleep).

I want to create a piece that is about two people sleeping together in a shared space. First I would take actual footage of the performers sleeping and then I would create a piece of choreography based on how they specifically interact and move. I think this idea could be a really amazing series of different pairs of people sleeping, but I plan to start with just one and build from there.

Sleep Lapse Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment